The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting course covers everything from managing difficult behaviours to essential content on leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter. Babysitting promises to deepen and enhance the responsibility that older youth feel when caring for younger children. This updated curriculum, complete with new science, also provides improved learning when it comes to giving the appropriate care in the event of an emergency. The course is recommended for youths ages 10 to 15.
- Basic skills to care for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- How to care for himself/herself and siblings when home alone
- How to create a safe environment, and deal with phone calls and unexpected visitors
- How to react confidently in case of an emergency, such as choking, bleeding, poisoning, or burns
- How to cope with common problems, such as tantrums and crying
- Games and activities to keep kids of all ages entertained
- How to manage a babysitting business, including creating a resumé and a business card, and asking the right questions before accepting a babysitting job