Participants must complete the classroom component within four weeks of completing the online component. If a participant does not attend a classroom session within this time frame, they are required to purchase a second online PIN and retake the online component before being admitted into the classroom.
Blended learning is a combination of online learning and in-class hands on skills training. The knowledge and skill objectives remain the same as those in the traditional in-class course. Participants must complete all skill and knowledge requirements for successful completion of the course.
With blended learn you can:
- spend less than half the time compared to tradition in class room courses
- study/review the online segment of the course at your time and convenience.
- You can do a little at a time, pause and take breaks or do it all at once in the comfort of your home
- The course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards (WSIB) and includes the latest CPR guidelines.
- Completion of an online self-paced component which includes a online knowledge evaluations. There are built in accessibility features to make the blended learning delivery as user friendly as possible (audio, live chat, print, feedback, etc.)
- Participants will receive the Blended Learning package including the class code upon registration.
100% attendance and participation
Adherence to the Fundamental Principles
- After successful completion of the online component, participants then complete an instructor-led classroom component (skills practice and evaluation session) in order to achieve certification. Participants must complete the classroom component within four weeks of completing the online component.
- 75% min. passing grade on a written knowledge evaluation
- CPR & AED
- Emergency First Aid
- Standard First Aid
- CPR & AED: 3.0hrs in class room
- Emergency First Aid: 4.5 hrs in class room
- Standard First Aid: 7.5hrs in class room
CPR & AED: 2.5hrs in class room
Standard First Aid: 4.5hrs in class room
- Add 1 hr additional hr to new or re-certification course