The online exam must be written before the Provider course (within 30 days prior). If your exam is greater than 30 days to attending, you will have to purchase a new exam and attend another course. Certificates of completion must be presented to the instructor the day of the course (emailed or printed).
Both the online exam and the practical component must be completed to complete the certification process.
Price per person
- $200 Per Person;
- $175.00 Student;
- $190 Bring a Friend
- 2 years (24 months for certification date. There is no re-certification course. Renewal of status may occur more frequently as determined by the individual’s professional association or facility.
- Online Component: Complete the online exam which covers all 11 chapters of the neonatal resuscitation. It has unlimited attempts. The online exam can be purchase from the Canadian Paediatric Society Website.
- eSim® (Optional); NRP eSim® is a new online neonatal resuscitation simulation exercise required for achieving NRP Provider status with the 7th Edition. This new methodology allows learners to integrate the NRP algorithmic steps in a virtual environment.
- Practical/In Person Component: All individuals will be required to successfully pass an exam that demonstrate the NRP skills. Individuals who successful complete the course and integrated skills station assessment (ISSA), will receive an NRP Provider ecard emailed from the Canadian Paediatric Society (CPS)
- Standard NRP Provider Courses - 7hrs: This course takes more time to explore all the skills and theory in greater detail. It contains hands on skills sets training, ISSA and debriefing. This course is great for individuals who have never taken the 7th edition and/or would like more time to practices skill sets and ask questions.
- Express NRP Provider Course - 5.5hrs:
This course contains hands on skills sets training, ISSA and debriefing, but is more condensed than the 7hr program. This course is great for individuals who have done the 7th edition in the past and/or have a strong knowledge base regarding the 7th edition, and skills. For individuals who require more hands on experience/training and/or more discussion time, the 7hr standard course will be beneficial.
- The initial steps of neonatal resuscitation
- Ventilation (PPV, CPAP, Ventilative corrective steps)
- Airway alternatives (intubation and LMA)
- Term and Preterm Infants
- Chest compression
- Umbilical vein catheration (UVC) and Intraosseous Devices (IO)
- Post resuctative care and debriefing
Chapters in 7th edition
- Foundations of Neonatal Resuscitation
- Preparation for Resuscitation
- Initial Steps of Newborn Care
- Positive‐Pressure Ventilation
- Alternative Airways: Endotracheal Tubes and Laryngeal Masks
- Chest Compressions
- Post‐Resuscitation Care
- Resuscitation and Stabilization of Babies Born Preterm
- Special Considerations
- Ethics and Care at the End of Life
In Canada, the eSim® will not be mandatory; however, it will be available through Healthstream, the company that administers the NRP online examination. You may access Practice eSim® to decide if you would like to purchase it with your exam.